Friday, October 5, 2012

Google Day 2 (10/5)

This second Google Day was very helpful in continuing my Google project.  I learned quite a few useful things.

First of all, the music I'll be arranging has changed. I will no longer be doing "Sir Duke," by Stevie Wonder, because the rhythms are too complex for pep band. I will also not be doing "September," by Earth Wind and Fire, because the Jazz Band already has that piece (this was my 'back-up' choice). Instead, I'll be taking a part of "Born to Run," by Bruce Springsteen, and making it into a short band chant. (This was also in part chosen because the title deals with a football game theme). The part can be found at about 1:03 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxuThNgl3YA.

Secondly, I learned that there is a free version of Finale, so I can begin arranging the music at home. I was unable to use Finale during class, but I did start to jot down some of my ideas and the notes I was figuring out on some paper (the picture\). I think I may be in the wrong key, but I think I'm pretty close as far as intervals between the notes go. I may also simplify some of the rhythms to avoid getting too complex (making 32nd notes 16th notes; making 1-a-2 into 1-+-2, etc.).

Overall, I believe I have the knowledge I need to complete this project now, and I should be able to spend the rest of the Google days completing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment